Creating Custom Report for a specific set of patches

(imported topic written by HGA8191)

Is there a way I can create a custom report including the “Location by Half Subnet” property and No. of relevant fixlets from a pre-defined group of patches per PC.

Lets say I want to know the number of relevant patches per PC from the following pool: MS05-22 to MS06-45 and display the results as shown below:

• Computer Name - - Location by Half Subnet - - No. of Relevant Patches from custom Group -

Comp 1 San Jose, California 15

Comp2 Charlotte, North Carolina 25

Thanks

Hga

(imported comment written by jessewk)

Hga,

You can create a custom report with the following definition:

<?relevance trs of ( td of link of it & td of ( ( if ( exists result ( it, bes property "Location By Half Subnet" ) ) then ( value of result ( it, bes property "Location By Half Subnet" ) ) else "N/A" ) of it ) & td of ( ( number of relevant ( bes fixlets whose ( name of it starts with "MS06-06" ) ) whose ( it ) of it ) as string ) ) of bes computers ?>
Computer Name Location By Half Subnet Relevant Patches from Custom Group

Note that this looks for the group of fixlets that start with “MS06-06”. You will want to adjust this appropriately for your purposes. For example, you might do: (name of it starts with “MS06-061” OR name of it starts with “MS06-059”)

Note also that this might be really slow. Let me know if it’s too slow and we can try to adjust it.

(imported comment written by HGA8191)

Thanks for your response…

I get the following error when trying to generate the report with the above code:

“Singular expression refers to nonexistent object”

(imported comment written by jessewk)

You’re property for half subnet might be named differently. Please check that the capitalization and formating is the same in the code above as the property in the console.

(imported comment written by jr6591)

I also get the same error.

<?relevance trs of ( td of link of it & td of ( ( if ( exists result ( it, bes property "Full OS Name" ) ) then ( value of result ( it, bes property "Full OS Name" ) ) else "N/A" ) of it ) & td of ( ( number of relevant ( bes fixlets whose ( name of it starts with "MS06-066" ) ) whose ( it ) of it ) as string ) ) of bes computers ?>
Computer Name By Full OS Name Relevant Patches from Custom Group

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey jr,

Try this one (slightly modified from Jesse’s):

<table> <tbody> <th>Computer Name</th><th>Location By Half Subnet</th><th>Relevant Patches from Custom Group</th> <?relevance trs of (td of link of it & td of ((

if (exists result (it, bes property 
"Location By Half Subnet" ) whose (not error flag of it)) then (value of result (it, bes property 
"Location By Half Subnet" )) 

else 
"N/A" ) of it) & td of ((number of relevant fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it = 

true AND globally visible flag of it = 

true) of it as string))) of bes computers ?> </tbody> </table>

With this report, rather than specifying which Fixlets to use in the relevance, use the “Filter” mechanism in Web Reports to select which Fixlets you want to include in the report.

Let me know if that works for you,

Ben

(imported comment written by jr6591)

That works well. Is there a way to show the results by O/S also (instead of showing individual PC’s).

Thanks