Creating a web report that spits out all actions with computer names

I am trying to generate a report that shows all computer names with the action name, action ID, state, and time issued. We are building grafana dashboards and we want to be able to have it act similar to the BigFix Console. So in the Console when you open a computer and click on “Action History”, i want to be able to have that data outside, if that makes sense. It seems I need to do a custom report to get this data.

Thank you!

For Grafana integration, it is possible to connect Grafana directly to the BigFix database, as Grafana supports connections to various databases. However, this approach is not recommended by HCL due to specific concerns around performance, data integrity, and the direct impact on the BigFix database itself.

Instead, I would recommend creating an external data flow using the BigFix REST API to extract the necessary action data (such as computer names, action names, action IDs, state, and time issued). This data can then be stored in an external database or a data lake that Grafana can connect to for visualization. This approach provides better control over the data, avoids putting additional load on the BigFix database, and aligns with best practices for maintaining the stability and performance of your BigFix environment.