Creating a relevance using Active Directory Security Groups

Can i create an relevance that will give results for only machines/users that are part of a curtain Active Directory Security group?

1 Like

Maybe something like

exists groups whose (name of it as lowercase = "your_group_name") of local computers of active directory

2 Likes

When I test that in the QnA Fixlet debugger I get an Error "Error: No inspector context.?

exists groups whose (name of it as lowercase = “Global Protect Early Adopter”) of local computers of active directory

You’d need to change the Fixlet Debugger to evaluate in “Local Client Mode” rather than “Fixlet Debugger Mode”. The Active Directory properties can’t be queried by the debugger directly, it has to send that query to the installed client. This will be much slower than the “Fixlet Debugger Evaluation mode”, as your client’s CPU throttle will take effect.

Thanks for that, i never know that!

So i no longer get the error, but the output comes back as false on my machine

distinguished name of local computer of active directory as lowercase contains “global protect early adopter”

This is a high overhead evaluation. It might be best to create a group with this eval, and then use that group for any other targeting.

I’m years late to the conversation but note that you are forcing the query to lowercase, but you have capital letters in the comparison. If you use “as lowercase” you need to make sure everything in the parentheses is lowercase too (name of it as lowercase = “global protect early adopter”).