Creating a Relevance for Installed Application Version

I need to upgrade all my workstations to a new version of an already installed application.
How can I create a relevance that shows all workstations that have an older version of this already installed application.

TIA!

As usual, “It Depends”. On how the application can be detected. But there are some common patterns that often come up. Here’s one, assuming the new version is “1.5”

exists keys whose (value "DisplayName" of it = "Name of Program" and value "DisplayVersion" of it as string as version < version "1.5") of keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of (x32 registries;x64 registries)

1 Like

Thanks for you help.
I will try what you suggested.
Is there a way to create relevance on the date modified of a file?

Yes, though will depend on what your use case is. As an example,

Q: modification times of files "C:\TEMP\MyFile.txt"
A: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 16:51:28 +0000
T: 0.306 ms
I: plural time

Q: exists files "C:\TEMP\MyFile.txt" whose (modification time of it < now - 7 * day)
A: True
T: 0.204 ms
I: singular boolean

Thank you for your help.

How would I go about configuring a relevance for a file named “iwBrowser.dll” with a date modified of “11/11/2018 10:53” that is located in the following path: “C:\Program Files (x86)\iManage\Work”

I would like any clients with that DLL file that is older than 11/11/2018 10:53 to be relevant.

TIA!

First convert the 11/11/2018 10:53 to whatever UTC time you’re looking for and then I think this would do:

q: exists files "iwBrowser.dll" whose (modification time of it < "11 Nov 2018 10:53:00 -0000" as time) of folders "iManage\Work" of program files folder

1 Like

Thanks for replying to me so fast! I really appreciate it.

I am located in Israel to my time zone should be UTC +2. How would I write it exactly in the relevance clause?

I tried entering the relevance but I am getting a syntax error at the start with “:” being highlighted in red.

“11 Nov 2018 10:53:00 +0200”

I’m not sure what the locale settings do as far as the text format for a time object. Can you run this query and post the result?

q: now
A: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 13:55:10 -0600

q: now
A: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 21:57:34 +0200
T: 0.043 ms

Just a quick update.
I got it to work.
I entered the date and the time as you suggested and I also changed files to file and folders to folder and it worked.
Thank you so much for your help!