Creating a custom iOS Exchange Activesync profile

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

HI

I am trying to create a active sync profile for iOS. I have asked for additonal details on enrollment and want to use these details in teh exchange config profile. The 2 fields i have created are samName (users logon details) and eMailAddress (users e-mail address).

I need to use these twor custom enrollment answers in the profile so we can send a config to the user’s device. However i cannot find what i need to enter in teh fields to retrive this data. When the fields are auto-populated it uses {email of mdm server} for email address and a similar type field for username.

I ahve tried putting in {eMailAddress of mdm server} and {samName of mdm server} in the respective fields but it does not work.

Has anybody had any success in doing anything similar.

Thanks in advance

Paul

(imported comment written by DTan)

Hi Paul,

Just want to point out that if “encrypt profile” option (in the identifier page) is selected, the relevance substitution will not be executed.

-Dawson

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Hi Dawson

We are running it unencrytpted. We have tried many different combinations of enrollement answer samName

of mdm server to value of samName of enrollment answers.

So do you know (or does anybody else know) is it possible to pull back the answers to teh enrollment questions so we can use it in a iOS profile?

Thanks

Paul

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi Paul,

See if this works:

{value of enrollment answer whose (id of it as lowercase = “samname”)}

Ben

Thanks Ben

Unfortunatly that doesnt work.

the first error I get is a script error on the page when I used " so I substituted with " but got the error this experession could not be parsed.

I then amended the fixlet and altered the xml code by hand to replace &wquot; with " and then received the error Singular expression refers to nonexistent object.

have you seen this before or have you managed to get it working?

Thanks

Paul

Sorry that should have read

replaced the " with "

Paul

HI Ben

I recreated the profile from scratch and have logged a pmr as I get a script error (thought i would report it now). I then amended it in the xml and redeployed it and it works correctly.

Thank you very much for your guidance.

Paul