Create the initial administrative user

Hello

I did a copy paste error

Due to this the default user - BFAdmin , i did not create.

How can i create this user ? How can i delete the uer i created by mistake ?

I am using RHEL8.4 with 10.0.4 as Bigfix version

Thanks

You created some user - do you know the name and password? If you can use it to log on to the console, even temporarily, you can create a new master operator account, verify it, and then delete the one mistakenly created.

Thanks for reply … Yes i have the login … let me check how i can do this in UI …

Do not see option so far to add new master … checking more

Ah, you’ll need to be in the BES Console, not WebUI, to manage the accounts I believe.

Thanks, i am in POC phase… BES Console, what will be the port # for that url ?

only url i found during install are below :

Web Reports will be automatically configured to use HTTPS. Choose the Web Reports server HTTPS port number.
Specify the port number or press to accept the default value: 8083

####################
WebUI’s port number
Specify the port number or press to accept the default value: 443

####################
WebUI’s redirect port number
Specify the port number or press to accept the default value: 80

to make it very clear , i did below mess up during install … copy error … in place of enter i did paste … so user name is now passord :frowning:

i do not see tools option in the “console”

The BES Console is not accessed via a browser.

If your install is on a Windows server you’ll be able to find it in the start menu on the server.

If your server is Linux, you’ll need to install the console on a Windows box. Once in there, you can create your operators and push the console to further Windows machines.

Thanks for reply. Yes i installed on Linux

“If your server is Linux, you’ll need to install the console on a Windows box”

Does this mean its just for temporary purpose, i install it & once passwd reset /user add done, uninstall it from Windows

Which one ?

Just above that ‘Utilitities’ section on th downloads page is the one for the console

1 Like

Awesome… HCL folks … request replace console heading to BES Console … makes its 100% clear