Create report of average time an action complete

Hi,

I need to create a report that show the average time a Action get completed. We have software install packet actions and we need to create a report of how long time it takes to complete.

Is it possible?
Thanks.

I have been thinking about this question and it is - involved…

I don’t have the right and correct answer, but wanted to share what I have because I won’t be able to get to solving it properly in the next week.

The problem is that within the Web Reports UI and using Session Relevance, we don’t have access to the Start and End Times for Action Results from each computer.
But! - this has been added to the REST API in BigFix 9.2.
That means that the data is only available if you are using 9.2 and if we were to write a report using REST API.

This request does come up often and I have created a bogus report by estimating the Start and End Times for Actions Results using the time when the Action is issued, and the “Last Became NonRelevant” attribute of a Fixlet result. If you don’t know what I am referring to, don’t worry for now.

So here is a report as is, which will only work with Fixlets (not Tasks).
The reason is because Tasks often do not report their Success Criteria as having Fixed.

Anyway, long story short, this is not a perfect report but you can give it a try.
The proper way is to write a report using the REST API.

The attached report is meant to be cut-and-paste as a Custom Report in Web Reports.

AverageTimeForActions.bes (22.4 KB)

2 Likes