Create database problems

Hi all

I’m new to ILMT and I’m trying to install it for the first time. I have installed the Console and ILMT and now I have to create the SQL database. I’m using MS SQL Express 2014 as database. It is all installed on the same machine.

The problem is that I can’t create the database. I keep getting this error:
“Could not connect to xxxxx. Please check your connection information. and Invalid host and/or port value.”

I have tested all the ODBC connections and they all worked. I have tried to connect using the ip-address, serverhostname and localhost. I have even tried to use Firefox instead of IE, but it can’t connect.

I’m using Windows Authentication. It’s the same Windows admin user that is used to install all software and test the ODBC connections.

So I’m pretty much stuck :-(.

I feel like I’ve had this issue before, but I have no clue how it was fixed.

What version of ILMT are you using?

Do you have all of the related SQL Native Clients installed, both x64 and x32 bit?

Hi!
Please check what account owns the ILMT process (Task Manager). By default it uses local SYSTEM account.
Check if that account has sufficient rights to create db on MSSQL side.

1 Like

You could also try enabling SQL Server Authentication and configuring your connection to the database that way, and see if that works.

–Mark

Finally found the error. Our MS SQL server wasn’t listening on port 1433.

4 Likes

You made my Day Jens. I came across similar issue and your solution worked for me.
Thanks a ton !!