"Could not get a valid computer ID for IEM " after upgrade to 9.2.0.2

just to be on same page, do you mean password of IEMadmin that’s used to login to IEMconsole?
its alpha numeric password, but no spl characters and no upper case characters in it.

its an all-in one installation and i do see IEM server subscribed to ILMT site.

i see following subscriptions for IEM/ILMT master server:

Subscribed Sites
BES Support
IBM License Reporting (ILMT) v9
Mailbox Site (mailboxsite7472110)
Master Action Site

@skotla Right, IEMAdmin.
Can you run following in your browser, lets see if it returns IEM server ID

https://BES_SERVER_IP:52311/api/query?relevance=id of bes computers whose (root server flag of it = true)

i ran it on my work station browser and this is what it says:

Cannot perform relevance query evaluation at this time because there is no reachable Web Reports instance collecting data from this Server.

it did ask for userid and password.

Can you run:
/etc/init.d/beswebreports status

Also what exactly is your IEM version?

/etc/init.d/beswebreports status
BESWebReportsServer (pid 4181) is running…

how do i check what my IEM version is, from what i know it appears to be 9.1

[root@usncv077 version]# pwd

/opt/BESServer/bin/properties/version

[root@usncv077 version]# ls -l

total 12
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 294 Jun 13  2014 IBM_Endpoint_Manager_Platform_Server-9.1.0.swtag
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 209 Jun 13  2014 IBM_Endpoint_Manager_Platform_Server-9.1.1117.0.fxtag
-rw------- 1 root root 304 Feb 21  2014 IBM_License_Metric_Tool_-_Content_Site-9.0.0.swtag

There an APAR for similar problem fixed in 9.1.1229.0

Another thread about the issue, maybe one of the reasons described there is affecting you:

does that mean that it isn’t actually fixed ?, or its hitting that problem in a different way?
should i consider applying that local fix mentioned in APAR on IEM server?

@skotla
Well APAR was fixed in more recent IEM version that you are using, but before you apply any fix.
Can you check if you are using proxy?

yes, proxies are configured for IEM server to access internet.

Can you make sure your configuration matches doc:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Proxy%20Server%20Settings

Maybe this is the problem: Make sure that the proxy is bypassed for internal network and component-to-component communications because this might cause problems with how the IBM Endpoint Manager server works and is inefficient for the proxy. Use the ProxyExceptionList setting, if needed, to exclude local systems from the communication through the proxy.

Ok sure, will go through it and get back to you. Thanks for your help on this so far.

I reviewed some older PMRs which seem to have same error problem and one that seems to match exactly your scenario was closed with resolution:

After removing export http_proxy from /etc/profile and following the documentation on Proxy config we now have successful connection.

1 Like

Thanks MIchal, now i am able to add new VM managers without any error.
with additional inputs from IBM PMR support, i modified /etc/init.d/beswebreports to added blank proxy lines and restarted the server, and that fixed the issue.

but my problem related original PMR 80898,082,000 " VM managers in pending state" continues to be there,
i’ve added a new VM manager , supplied all the necessary credentials and did a connection test.

connection test shows successful, but VM manager remains in pending state. it been over 12 hours since i added that VM manager.

Did you run import? Pending will stay until import is ran.

yes the import ran successful, but its still in pending state.

was there 12h+ gap between when you defined vmmanager and import?

yes, there was over 12h gap.
Vm manager was added and connection test was successful around 6:45 pm IST and scheduled import ran successful at 10:30 am IST.

Can you verify you have upload fixlet for vmman enabled?