Content Modification in Server Automation 9.5 - February 2020

Content in the Server Automation site has been modified.

Reasons for Update:

New! Support for notification via email has been expanded and it now supports the possibility to specify the email sender in each individual plan

New! The Server Automation Plan Engine module supports the Distributed Server Architecture deployment model and can manage automation plans execution accordingly.

New! A new, lightweight, NodeJS-based module is now available (named SARestNode) which provides support for the Server Automation REST API and initially supports the exact same set of APIs as the currently available SARest module.

Note: New SARestNode module provides the same level of function as the existing SARest module. The two modules can coexist, provided that they are configured to work on different ports. SARest module is still available, but it is deprecated and is subject to removal in subsequent releases.

Security Enhancements

• CVE 2018-1902
  • CVE 2019-4046

Published site version:

Server Automation, version 73
Server Automation Plan Engine and REST API modules version: 9.5.54

Actions to Take:

Gathering of the site and installation of the new Plan Engine and Server Automation REST API modules will get the updates installed.

BigFix Server Automation Documentation:
https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/lifecycle/lifecycle_sa.html

The BigFix Application Engineering team.

We are having issues with existing automation plans failing to run after upgrading.
“Automation Plan found to have errors and failed (Not Run) (ID: 3200222): “WIN - Cognos QAT (Fri 7pm) Feb Catchup”.” This sa job has run since 2017 with no issues.

The odd thing is that since upgrading, the pe_console.log has not changed. The last entry is “[PeServiceConfigMonitor] (cli.PlanEngineLauncher:193) :: IZNENG113I Shutting down the Automation Plan Engine …” Dated 3/3/2020. I have rebooted root server since then, and manually ran the Planengine.bat file to attempt to start it.
When a plan is run now, a blank txt file is created in logs with the action ID. ~actionID~.log.txt with zero bytes and then fails.
But…I can run a simple test plan with no issues. pe_console.log still does not change.

I am opening a PMR on this as we use SA to patch multiple groups of servers

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.