Consolidation of the BigFix management and reporting capabilities in single Web Based Console (Console, Webreport, WebUI,Inventory, Compliance, Remote control etc)

Hello BigFixers,

BigFix has various console/Web portal for management and reporting like BigFix console, WebUI, Web report , SCM, BFI, Remote control console etc. Having multiple consoles for reporting makes it difficult to switch from one to another and is time consuming. It also is tedious to remember different login credentials and port details to access these interfaces.

It would be a better approach to consolidate these consoles and reporting capability under a single console (web-based console will be preferred).

This functionality will improve the user experience for managing & reporting capabilities and the administrative overheads. It will also prove to be time effective.

Kindly upvote for this idea.

Idea Link

Thanks,
Nishi Puthran

If you enable SAML authentication, you can take advantage of SSO.

There are definitely things to consider there. One of the issues I often see is that these products have different target audiences - Inventory might be used more heavily by a licensing & procurement team, while Compliance has a different audience of security audit & compliance teams, etc.

Having one monolithic interface does add some complexity, and makes it more difficult to release new features or upgrade.
I definitely agree the interfaces should be more standardized so they have similar look-and-feel, but I’m not sure I’d really want them to all be in a single pane personally.

I think there should be one web “font door” login page, and from there different tabs (or some other display idiom*) that presents all applications/stacks for which the user is authorized/has a role. SAML or a similar meta-IdP/IdM thinger should provide pass the user across each stack as needed. All applications should have the same family UI styles and familiarity.

In short, unify the sign on UX and UI (as much as makes sense). Make it so it feels like a single family, even though the user travels across different stacks.

• One of our vendors has a single Okta landing page, with apps (support, KB, training, documentation) presented as tiled icons. Each app is branded and styled to have a close family resemblance.