Console content often incorrect since 11.0 upgrade

Hello,

Since the upgrade to 11.0 from 10.0.9 it’s an often occurrence for content to be incorrect when using the console.
I.E someone will mention not being able to find a computer that was previously there OR content that should appear on a machine does not appear.

This is happening for some console users, I personally have never experienced any issues, I know there was changed done for 11.0 for console loading… but it seems this could also be causing some new issues?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Can’t say that have heard such issues and/or complaints on our side (have been running v11 for just about 2 months now) but if someone is to raise it my first suspicion would be console caching. We used to have complaints for weird console errors a few years ago, including machines missing or machines are there when an operator attempts to take action it would tell him that they are not an administrator… Since all of our console use is via citrix, we added a login script that checks the “last modified date” of the user’s console cache when they login (before they launch the app) and if the cache was older than 7 days it just deletes it (forces full cache load-up on login) and that cleared all problems we had, and things have been stable for a few years now…

Thank you for the feedback, it is for sure odd as personally my cache has never been cleared but I’ve been without issue, our people are in different geo locations I have an odd feeling this could be bandwidth related but on paper it simply does not make sense so no proof there.

My own console settings are the original, for my team mates with issues I’ve recommended going cacheless for now.

Same here, but then again I am in all day every day. From what I gather it occurs if you are a less frequent user where the app/tool still thinks your cache is “up-to-date enough” to use, while in reality it is missing some key changes that that out-of-sync becomes an issue. It was not a very often occurring issues when we had them to be able to properly investigate but yet it was niggling enough for people to bring up and complain, hence the reason why we went with something like this as solution. If it was more frequent/easy to reproduce we would definitely engaged support and see if we can be fixed there…

1 Like