Computers slow to report after updating to 10.0.4

We upgraded to 10.0.4 last week and have noticed that our Desktops are slow to report when deploying a new action. Previously all would report in a few hours, after 24 hours only 12 out of ~600 have reported now. All of the agents have also been updated to 10.0.4

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
Josh

That’s not normal…

I’d check that the Parent-to-Child Relay traffic on tcp/52311 is not blocked, and the Relay-to-client traffic on 52311/udp is being received.

My first guess, depending on whatever client firewall/endpoint security is running, is that whatever rules you had checked the version/hash of besrelay.exe or besclient.exe, and now that they’ve been updated it may not match your rules.

More details on things to check at Troubleshooting Client Reponsiveness

Thank you Jason! I will read though that.

What’s strange to me is they are reporting normally in the Computer groups, but not when deploying an action. 470 machine have reporting into BigFix in the last hour but only 12 show as reported computers in the action even though they all match relevance.

That implies the computers are evaluating and sending reports, but have not gathered the site update that contains the new action.
The clients would only gather the site update when the Relay informas them about the new version, or when they perform a new Relay Select (every 6 hours by default).

I expect you’d see the same issue with computer groups,if you created a new automatic group and the clients don’t receive the notification that the new group exists.