Computers are not coming applicable after creating new Fixlets or Analyses

Computers are not coming applicable after creating new Fixlets or Analyses…

I have also added, relevance “True” OR “All Computer” but still no ep’s are coming applicable. Pls assist.

Hi @Varun

Are the computers subscribed to the same site as the fixlet is created in?
Is the relevance relevant when you use the QnA locally on a machine?

1 Like

Hi @steini44, yes all computers are subscribed under that site only where fixlet is created… and Yes the test machines are coming relevant when I am running QnA…

I am also getting the same issue…

Do they become relevant a day or two later? If so, the clients probably are not receiving the messages that indicate new content is available, and you’re having to wait for the client to gather.

If they are still not becoming relevant a day or two later, then you may have a problem with the server or relay not getting site updates.

Check the BES Client logs on one of your clients, and on each of its upstream relays, at \Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\__Data\__Global\Logs. And check each Relay’s \Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Relay\logfile.txt to see whether there’s a Relay site gather issue.

1 Like

I agree with @JasonWalker that this sounds like it could be an issue upstream with relays, or it could be that the clients are not getting UDP notifications to let them know about new content.

You should enable command polling on any of the clients that have this issue. You might want to enable it for once an hour on all machines and once every 30 minutes on machines that don’t get the UDP notifications.

You can also have an offer that any user could use to force a gather to see if that has an effect:

This is a sort of ad hoc way to do something similar to command polling on demand.

2 Likes

Thanks James & Jason for the valuable suggestion…

I have tried applying the command polling on some of the affected machines, but no luck…

Can you check the site versions on the client to see if they match what is on the root server after a change has been made?

If they do match, then it could be a relevance issue.

If they do not match, then there is a gather issue. It could be just a matter of time for the gather to happen and for the versions to be back in sync, but generally that is in a minute or hour if command polling is enabled or a day if it ends up waiting until the next gather interval.

This offer can be deployed as a policy action and used to trigger gathering manually: https://bigfix.me/fixlet/details/24400

How can I check the site versions on the client, Please assist…

Besides i have checked the actionsite contents under BES Root directory and found both server and client having total 1211 itmes…
Under BES Root Server - C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData\actionsite
Under Client machine- C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData\actionsite

one more thing i have checked, under the respective site e.g. ABC DTLT Site in client machine under C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData\CustomSite_ABC_DT_LT, i have checked the fixlet id which i want to be checked is not reflecting, when i have checked the same fixlet in root server, i am not getting any applicable ep’s even i have added true or all computers in relevance…