Computer Properties missing items

In the patch section of bigfix, I can get to the computer properties, including services, to display on the computer listings, etc. In the web reports, most of the computer properties are missing, including that one.

On another server, the web reports has the same options as the patch computer listing.

Server1 : shows all the properties, when filtered to ‘servi’ I see a lot of items including Services:
server1

Server 2: only has a few options, no need to filter as there is only one result with ‘servi’ in it
server2

Any thoughts on how I get all of the computer properties to show up in web reports?

In other web reports issues people are told to flush the web reports cache, but I can’t find anywhere that explains how to do this. In the Web Reports administration tab there is a refresh cache option but that does nothing. Some also say that restarting the web reports service might help, but this makes no difference in this situation.

Are these Web Reports instances reporting to 2 distinct BigFix Servers? If so, are there differences in the subscribed sites between the 2 BigFix Servers? Similarly, what analyses are active on Server 1 vs. Server 2?

The property you’re referencing in your first screenshot is from the ‘Application Information (Windows)’ analysis, which is in the ‘BES Inventory and License’ site. Make sure that site is subscribed and the analysis is globally activated on Server 2.

1 Like

There are two servers, and a lot of differences, but the analyses I’m looking for are activated on both servers.

The properties are literally in the server side computer listing screen, but not in the web reports screen.

The top picture was the server with the properties showing up in the list, the bottom one is the one missing the properties.

The specific one I need is “Services - Windows (Application Information (Windows))”, which is active on both servers, and on server 1 it is available in the computer listing as a column I can choose and in web reports as a computer property I can select in the filter.

But in server 2 while it does show in the computer screen in patching as a column I can choose, it does not appear as a computer property filter option at all.

Yes, that analysis is enabled and collecting data, I can see it in the results columns for apps and services in the analysis. In any of the computer lists in the console, I can choose that as a column, and I have it displayed so I can see the services for each client. This works on both servers.

But on the second server, when you go to the Web Reports that analysis is not there, so I cannot choose it from Computer Properties as a filter in a report. On the other server, it works fine in Web Reports.

These are two separate server and web reports instances, on two separate domains that do not communicate. Each is totally stand-alone.

OK, nevermind - we figured it out.

For posterity - we use McAfee/Trellix Solidcore, and when it is enabled, reports don’t include all of the properties or sites. Once I put it into update mode they all popped in after a reboot. So all the reports are correct now.

I’ll be putting it back into enabled mode soon, not sure if it will keep the sites/properties but at least I know how to make it work now.