Computer Group Export Help

I would like to export a computer group that I have configured but the export button is greyed out.

Any ideas how I can enable the export button?

Thanks!

While you can export Automatic Computer Groups, you cannot export Manual Computer Groups. This is because Manual Computer Groups are based on ComputerIDs which are generally unique per BigFix instance.

1 Like

If you are trying to export just the list of computers in the group, you can open the Group and select the “Computers” tab. In the computers list, select all computers, right-click, and select “Copy Text”. You can paste it into a text document or Excel spreadsheet for nice column views.

2 Likes

If the list of computer names isn’t too big (though I’m can’t really put a figure on what would be considered as too big but I’m sure someone of the forum might be able to), but you could possibly take the list created using @JasonWalker’s suggestion then use that to build a relevance statement so you can have the group as an automatic one. Then say a system is rebuilt but keeps the same name, it would still evaluate into the group where as the manual membership would be lost due to the new computer id.

computer name as lowercase is contained by set of ("computer1";"computer2";"computer3";"computer4";"computer5")

You can export automatic groups by following steps:

1. Click on computers group
    2.Drop down the options of computer group.
    3.Select all computer groups.
    4.again you will get the drop down option.
    5.Select By Type and from type select automatic.

Select all the automatic group and you will and right click in the window you will be able to select the export option.

For manual groups you have to take the back up manually by selecting the computer name, as we mainly create manual group by the computer name or some unique IDs

Works!
Thanks for the help!

What if I wanted to export a manual group that was empty just to see the xml? Does not make sense.