Compare two values via relevance

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

I have two values, one is a registry and another is a setting. I’m struggling figuring out how to do compare to two via relevance.

Value 1:

Q:value “DynamicSiteName” of key “HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\Netlogon\Parameters” of registry

A: Red1

T: 0.066 ms

Value 2:

Q:setting “_BESClient_Register_Affiliation_SeekList” whose (exists value of it) of client

A: _BESClient_Register_Affiliation_SeekList=Red2%253bTier2Internal%253bTier2External

T: 0.117 ms

I want to see if SeekList contains the value from the DynamicSiteName registry. Something like this:

Q: exists setting “_BESClient_Register_Affiliation_SeekList” whose (value of it contains (value “DynamicSiteName” of key “HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\Netlogon\Parameters” of registry)) of client

E: The operator “contains” is not defined.

If I hardcode, it works.

Q: exists setting “_BESClient_Register_Affiliation_SeekList” whose (value of it contains “Red1”) of client

A: True

T: 0.117 ms

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Keith

(imported comment written by Bill.Ehardt)

Try:

exists setting “_BESClient_Register_Affiliation_SeekList” whose (value of it contains (value “DynamicSiteName” of key “HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\Netlogon\Parameters” of registry as string)) of client

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

That works! Thanks.

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

dang wmehardt, you beat me too it!

got this to work for me:

value of setting “_BESClient_Register_Affiliation_SeekList” of client as string as lowercase contains (value “DynamicSiteName” of key “HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\Netlogon\Parameters” of registry as string as lowercase)