Command Poll Internal vs DMZ network

Hi there,

Since the pandemic, my company as several users that are 15 days @home and 15 days @office.

My question is, for the users that are @home it’s nice to have command poll enabled with 1 hour, for the client check for new packages, config, etc, but what happens if they are going to the Office.

Is it possible, to create a Policy, to change the command poll enabled or disabled depending on the Location? Or there are no problem having the command poll enable on the internal network (@office)?

Many thanks in advance.

-Bruno

Polling at one hour should be fine while connected to the office, until you get into large scale (50k clients or so)

2 Likes

Bellow 10K machines. So it should be fine. Many Thanks

@badias, you could also utilize a policy fixlet that checks the network signature to identify if the endpoint is on a corporate network or at a users home.

Here’s the action script that I utilize for setting the network signature.

// Tattoo the settings with the Network Signature
setting “_BESClient_NetSignature”=“{unique value of concatenations “;” of (it as string) whose(it != “127.0.0.1” and it does not start with “169.”) of addresses of ip interfaces of network as string}” on “{now}” for client

Here’s the relevance that utilized for applicability.

(not exists setting “_BESClient_NetSignature” whose (value of it = unique value of concatenations “;” of (it as string) whose(it != “127.0.0.1” and it does not start with “169.”) of addresses of ip interfaces of network as string) of client)

I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Hello @cmcannady

Many thanks. I will try and see if it solves.

Regards

1 Like