Client UI Self-Service install issues

So we are eager to try the new Self-Service Client UI. We just upgraded our dev environment to 9.5.4 (clients and server).

The install of SSA exits with code 1622 and the SSA program fails to install at all on a Windows 2012 R2 machine. Extracting the bigfixssa.exe and running the install interactively with the same parameters did install.

Anyone else experience this?

Installed aok for me with a Windows 10 PC (1607)

Darryl

@JonL, did you make any progress on this? An MSI installer log should get generated in the System account’s temp directory (usually C:\Windows\TEMP). It will be called MSIxxxxx.log and contain the line:

******* Product: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\{20A43AEE-928D-40C6-9AC8-25FB7E83776C}\IBM BigFix Self Service Application.msi

See if there is any more detail about the error there.

@JonL Seems like 1622 error refer to the actual windows msi installer like they can not access or don’t have permission to write into log file. The only potential issue maybe there is error when installing SSA, but due to the 1622 error, nothing has been logged.
Could you double check the version of you windows msi installer and post it in this thread? Then i can try to reproduce it from my own env.