Client <not reported> in console (but still current)

(imported topic written by khouck)

I have clients in my console that show for the “Computer Name” (and some of the other columns), but “Last Report Time” is current. The odd thing is, when I double-click these, they show the details (including computer name) in the bottom pane and then no longer show as in the top pane. Any ideas?

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Hey, check this post and see if it addresses the issue:

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=1746

(imported comment written by khouck)

My console was set to “Keep full cache on disk” (Moderate). I changed it to “Keep partial cache on disk (fast net and fast disk)” and did a “Clear Cache”. It has been a couple of days now and those have not shown back up. So, it appears that has taken care of it. Thanks.

I have the same problem and my settings are already set to keep partial cache on disk, and I have already cleared cache. I moved on thinking the problem had to be on the client, so far the only fix I find for this is completely removing the BES Client using the utility and reinstalling it. There’s got to be a better way!

PS. I also tried deleting the revocations file and restarting the service.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi coolitman,

Try this:

http://support.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/kbdirect.pl?id=312

Ben

Nothing … here’s the log:

START: besclientrefresher v. 2.2.3.5 started at: Mon Jul 14 13:52:58 2008

Marking computer for refresh: 2467598

Scheduling refresh for Computer ID: 2467598

END: besclientrefresher completed at: Mon Jul 14 13:52:58 2008

I did it by computer ID, and I still have the under status. We are running a frame relay network with NATd ip addresses, do you think it has something to do with it?

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey coolitman,

You need to wait until the client re-registers if it is behind a NAT. Check again tomorrow and see if it is fixed.

Ben