Client local time action does not expire on schedule time

Any Client local time action which I set up does not expire at the defined expiry date/time. This actions stay under “Open Actions” for almost 8 to 10 hours and then move to “Expired Actions”.
Please suggest is this the normal behaviour of BigFix or My BigFix is having a problem.

Note:- I have cross-validated the client-server time and it seems to be exceeded.

Please suggest how to get rid of it.

That’s actually normal behavior.
The client will stop evaluating the action at the proper “client local time”. The Server and Console are not making assumptions about the local time zones of every client, and the action in the console won’t appear Expired until the specified time in the latest possible time zone.

Suppose your console is in US Eastern Time, and you send an action to clients across the country to expire at “noon local time”. You wouldn’t want your your console to stop updating or show “expired” at noon Eastern Time, when you have Pacific Time clients that may still process the action for three more hours (when noon Pacific Time arrives).

I’d have to check, but I think the console marks it expired at whatever time in UTC+1200 zone.

I have installed Console on the client machine and deployed the action on the same machine but time duration exceeded but the action didn’t get expired.

That’s correct, the client won’t execute the action after the action end time (in local time zone), but the console wont show it expired until after the last possible time zone’s local time reaches the action end time.