Client last report time issue + overall connection issue

Hi Team.

I have a very strange issue with last report time of the Client and general reporting.
Basically, machine post report one time after it restarted. And then no reports are done, “Send Refresh” also does not work and last report time keep on +2-5 minutest after machine restarted. After some time this machine gets “grayed out” from the console as it is offline.

But… As soon as someone login into this machine and start actively using it, machine magically begins to send reports every 5-10 minutes and looks in the console as it is just normal Client.

We checked ping in both directions, telnet on 52311 on both directions, there are no blocked ports or anything that from my point of view potentially can cause this strange behavior.
The only thing we have found that “BES Client” service was on " automatic (delayed start)".
We changed that to normal automatic but that did not changed anything.

This issue is happening for all 1400 machines on one specific server.

From the client logs, there are no errors or “could not reach link/ip”.
It just… does not sending reports to the Server.

Can you, please, provide some assistance in finding the rootcause of the issue?

Best regards,
Anton

The machines are able to “sleep” / “hibernate” ? Please check on the event viewer log files

I will ask people “on the ground” tomorrow. If it is true - that possibly can be one of the silliest tickets ever created by me…) :grin:

Hi orbiton.

There are no sleep/hibernate options enabled on these machines.

Best regards,
Anton

I think you should open a support incident. The team can help you with enabling client debug logging and help diagnose the issue.

I also suggest reading through the tip at Troubleshooting Client Reponsiveness

Based on what you’re seeing, my first guess would be that you have some custom properties that take a very long time to evaluate - such as performing a disk search with one of the ‘descendant’ inspectors - and that the client won’t report while this evaluation is running.

Hi Jason.

Can you, please, recommend how to open correctly a support ticket?
After me logginf into HCL helpdesk i can figure it out how to open a BigFix related support ticket.

Best regards,
Anton

If you’re on a desktop browser, you can start with the Support link at the top of Forum banner

If you’re on a mobile browser the banner may not appear. In that case you can browse to HCL BigFix support resource links - Customer Support

Check the “Highlighted Articles” at the right for info on how to register a Support Account or how to open a Support Ticket.

This is what I got when loogin into HCL help center. There is no button “New case” that i can use to create a ticket.

It sounds like you don’t have your support account assigned to BigFix. See https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0010165

There’s a link in there to create a guest ticket, that will let one of our analysts work with you.