Class of 2024 HCL Ambassadors for BigFix Nomination Window Open

Class of 2024 HCL Ambassadors for BigFix Nomination Window Open - October 6 - November 3

What’s happening right now?

We’re now open to your recommendations for nominations for the 2024 “class” of HCL Ambassadors for BigFix. The HCL Ambassadors Program honors both customers and partners who are experts in their field, deeply passionate about sharing, and go above and beyond to demonstrate their technical leadership and commitment to HCL products.

You’ll see links below that will bring you to an overview of the program and to the online Nominations Form.

What’s the criteria for nominating someone to be an HCL Ambassador for BigFix?

We are looking to reward those who consistently go “Above and Beyond” their day job. Being a great practitioner is brilliant but sharing that talent with others is amazing. Being an active member of the community and engaging with others in your product field are qualities that make someone a good candidate. Their activity could be technical but it’s also possible in Sales, Marketing, Licensing, etc.

Good examples of these sharing activities could include:

• Running or volunteering at a local/national/global user group
  • Mentoring others to learn or expand their knowledge of the products or community
  • Creating a syndication site for all the blogs you can find in your area of expertise
  • Writing a blog post, article, or other collateral that helps others understand an HCL product or technology
  • Speaking at a local/national/global user group
  • Actively participating in an HCL beta program and offering good feedback and insight

Who can nominate someone?
Anyone who’s not an HCL employee can nominate themselves to become an HCL Ambassador for BigFix. Members of the BigFix Community can nominate others in the community to be an HCL Ambassador for BigFix.

For more information:

HCL Ambassador for BigFix Nomination Form
HCL Ambassador Program Information

1 Like

Can you tell me what it entails being an Ambassador? What are the expectations? How long is the class?

I use the forums a lot to get answers before opening a support ticket. I have new posts emailed to me to keep up on issues others are having, just in case we are seeing it as well. If I see someone having an issue that I can answer, I do so.

I am a Lead at work and have my team members monitor the forums as well.

When I first starting with BigFix in 2018, I had never even heard of or used it before. I had no training and I not only learned how to use it, but I was tasked with designing it and implementing it in our Multi-Tenant Environment. I then had to teach my team members to use it as well.

A few years ago, Kathy Nguyen (HCL) asked me to do a presentation in one of the reginal customer calls and show people how I designed the implementation to work with Multi-Tenancy. She was impressed with how I took BigFix and made it work for us. Plus we have a very robust Patch Exception policy that even my Corporate teams envy.

My company has our Corporate teams that patch our company systems and then they have me that patches our MIT customers (Therefor Multi-Tenancy) with a separate console.

I do not have any formal HCL or IBM training on BigFix. I am just a self taught passionate user.

1 Like

Hi there -

There is no class or anything like that. It’s based on what you do for BigFix - if you check out the Forum post in the Events category, you’ll get more insight.

As far as expectations, there is a meeting once a month and there are sometimes questions that we ask for feedback and input. What you get out of it is access to product management here at BigFix and some behind the scenes kind of information. All of this is under a personal NDA between you and BigFix…it’s not with your company, so that is good to know. If you’re concerned at all on that front, perhaps discuss it with your manager and then decide. You have a few weeks to think about it.

I am pretty sure you meet the requirements, it’s really just a matter of deciding if you want to join or not.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Rhonda

Ok, I will nominate myself

Most excellent!!

Looking forward to seeing your submission!

Rhonda