Class NumeralTooLarge

Has anyone seen ‘NumeralTooLarge’ error when trying to open the console? (9.5.4)

On the server, I see the following items in BESRelay log:

/data/add-site-files (8260) - Database Error: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]String data, right truncation (22001: 0)

/data/files/ActionSite/3532167/1418254 (9632) - Database Error: A database query unexpectedly failed to return any results.
1 Like

I would recommend opening a PMR: How to ask for IBM product help: PMRs, RFEs, and more

Does clearing the console cache manually help?

I already did open a case. There seems to be a corrupt record in the database. L2 didn’t know, so they sent it on to L3 for a recommendation.

1 Like

This turned out to be a corrupt database record relating to an attempt to run the software distribution wizard on a large file (>5GB). It prevented consoles from launching and web reports from running.

Fortunately L3 provided SQL to identify the corrupt data. After it was deleted, normal operations have resumed.

1 Like

Oh, very interesting. I wonder if there is a hard limit and if there should be some sort of check to prevent this.

I attempted to reproduce issue, but was unable. I successfully used the wizard on the same 5.2GB file that my console operator attempted yesterday. For some unknown reason, it failed for the console operator in such a way as to create a corrupt database value for it. Then when web reports attempted to run or folks tried to open their console, it would literally fail. I’ve been using Bigfix for over a decade since version 4 and have never seen that happen before. Strange.

1 Like