Chrome patches getting stuck at pending download

Hi All, I met with an issue that google chrome patches became the reason for actions to stuck in “Pending Download” status. I observed the version got upgraded and the newer version of patch was available on the console and the older was not available in console and neither I could saw the older version to go obsolete. Would there be a way to automate to see or receive a mailer in information that I should get a mail whenever a new version of google chrome patch becomes available in console? Please suggest on this.

The Google Chrome update fixlet in the Updates for Windows Applications site is sort of unlike most of the other ones, where new fixlets are created for those as new updates come out, and the previous fixlets are superseded. The Chrome fixlet is built against one link — Google changes the version of the .msi available at that link and the fixlet is updated with new prefetch and relevance information.

This means, as you note, that it is not always as easy to tell that you were deploying the old version and now there is a new version. How did you notice this issue? Was your Chrome fixlet part of a baseline? Any time you push a baseline, you should check to make sure none of the included fixlets have gotten out of sync with the source fixlet. They will say “sync with source” if something about the source fixlet has changed since the last time you synced the baseline.

You can keep track of updates to content here on the Forum, by looking in the Patch (Release Announcements) category: https://forum.bigfix.com/c/release-announcements/patches

1 Like

I noticed as it was a part of baseline and somehow it was not checked to be in sync however I am also chasing to see if new version pops up and the existing chrome package gets obsolete and does not show up in the console and do we have any control of that situation where in we would see and can get information automatically that new package for chrome has been uploaded in the console?