Chrome Download Error

Having trouble downloading the Google Chrome update. Anyone else having issues? Proxy was wide open for the test, so I’m thinking its not on my end. Figured I’d post to see if anyone else is having an issue.

Thanks,
Chris

That’s really common for Chrome, every time Google releases an update they replace the download file and don’t allow us to target a specific version with the download link. We’ll need to get a fixlet update.

The only good way to handle it from your end is to send an action to at least one machine as soon as you can, so the download gets cached on your server and then when you send the actions again we use the cached copy.

The Chrome download was just updated one day ago:

Did your Bigfix server gather Updates for Windows Applications site version 1358?

An updated fixlet was released yesterday. From your screenshot, it looks like you have the old version of the fixlet.

The current version of the fixlet shows sha1: dc211a393a8762a3c4a2bfd7d62c46f8a65e2938 which matches the actual sha1 value shown in your screen shot.

it still fails even though I did a gather (several times).

Is there an easy way to purge the file and have it download a new one?

Or… Should I just wait until the next release…which is like every two weeks anyway.

Thanks to all who’ve replied!

Chris

The release announcement shows it was updated in version 1358. Have you confirmed that you actually have version 1358 of the site?

Your previous action initiated from the old version of the fixlet won’t work. You would need to initiate a new action from the current version of the fixlet.

There is a new version, Google Chrome 80.0.3987.116, and that was successful.

How do I know what site version I have?

Thanks again!
Chris

You can click on the node for a site and view “Current Verson” in the details tab:

Thank you!

Yeah, didn’t even realize Chrome updated after scheduling it to install, and I kept trying to initiate a download from the failed action, which by then it was already updated with the new available version. I assume that’s how it happened. So… the new Chrome version I tested ran like a champ.

Thanks for all the help, I’m still getting the hang of it and this forum is fantastic. There are many more stupid questions and post to come from me I’m sure! :wink:

Chris