Check client local time task

Since the Server Automation doesn’t have a “client local time” option when executing a plan (which sucks), I was thinking of creating a task to reboot based on the endpoint local time and add that to the plan. This is because we have servers worldwide, and we want to reboot the system based on their time.

For example,

If { “the time is 12:01 am or after on local client time”}
Reboot 60
End if

I need to have a play with SA some more - I’ll add that to my list!
I guess you COULD write a task that loops until a particular local time was reached but that would block many other BigFix actions.

Great, this will be the last action in the automation plan to restart the systems according to their local time.

@TivoliDave - were you able to test out a task that will check the client local time? I would hate to go down the route where I’ll have to identify all the servers in different zones, put them in a group and then create multiple automation plans for each time zone converting it in CDT. Sigh.

I’m throwing out ideas here. We have a BF group of Domain Controllers from all over the globe (domestic and international). What if we create a task that I can add to the automation plan targeting that group, to do the following.

If {“local time zone equals +0200”}
create a custom action for the endpoint to reboot at 3AM client local time.
endif

Hi @Gujumax, not yet - don’t wait for me!
Have you considered using Maintenance Windows? https://support.bigfix.com/bes/misc/maintenancewindow.html