Changing User Running BigFIx WebReports

Hello,

I recently installed BigFix webreports alongside Bigfix server, and in the install wizard (shown below), I specified a custom user to install the webreports. It works fine but I was wondering if there is a config file somewhere where I can change the user from a serviceaccount to Local System user to run webreports? When I switch the “Log On” to local system user under services, webreports stops functioning and when I switch it back to the original service account, it works. I don’t even know why I used a custom user at this point but trying to minimize the number of password resets I would have to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Is your Web Reports SQL database local or remote?
If it’s local, and using ‘Windows Integrated Authentication’, you can switch to LocalSystem in the Services app, but first be sure the LocalSystem account has a Login in SQL Server, and has the db_owner role on the BESReporting database.

1 Like

Hi Jason,

It’s Local SQL database. So, I need to reach out to my DB team to figure that out. Is the LocalSystem listed as NT Authority/System in SQL? I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t say “LocalSystem” as a login user in SQL.

NT Authority/System account already had db_owner role permissions. Upgraded it to SA and that resolved the issue. Thanks Jason.

1 Like