Change Database User for BigFix and ILMT

i have implemented bigfix and ilmt using remote database and used windows authentication method. It worked fine but now i need to change the database user with service account user.

Will the change in bigfix and ilmt services to logon as service account will change the database user as well or there is any need to make changes in server.xml or databse.yaml file separately?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

You can follow the instructions here:
https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/inventory/Inventory/admin/t_reset_db_password.html

Hello,

Thanks for the response. What about the user ? This link talks about only to update password.

Apologies, I did not make that bit very clear.
For the BigFix Platform you will just need to stop the services, change the ‘Log on As’ setting, and start the services again. You can do this for all but the BES Client Service.

For Inventory/ILMT You will need to change the user in the server.xml file referenced in the link I shared. I’m assuming the passwords are changing as well. Depending where you’ve installed it, it will be under something like:

C:\Program Files\BigFix\BFI\wlp\usr\servers\server1\server.xml

May be something like the following for ILMT:

C:\Program Files\ibm\ILMT\wlp\usr\servers\server1\server.xml

You might also need to change your data source setting in the ILMT/BFInventory Ui
Management > Data Sources

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed answer.

I have gone through the link. It suggests to Update the password attribute that is listed in the properties.db2.jcc element for DB2 or the properties.microsoft.sqlserver element for MS SQ. But i do not see password listed in properties.microsoft.sqlserver . Attaching content of server.xml

<properties.microsoft.sqlserver databaseName=‘temadb’ integratedSecurity=‘true’ lockTimeout=‘180000’ serverName=‘myservername’/>

Even in ILMT under data source it only gives option to change it to SQL authentication and then provide credentials but my motive is to change the database username and password in windows authentication.

Could you please guide