Challenges with using Patch Policies

@steve I know this is a little off-topic, but will we be able to select patch policies by Site as well? Currently I think you cannot create patch policies just with Patches for Windows without also getting Updates for Windows Applications.

Thanks!

1 Like

That is interesting. I can definitely see the utility in having AutoPatch for OS only or having a different schedule and deployment settings for apps vs OS.

I thought this was worth it’s own topic, since I would like to hear feedback from others, as well.

Yes, we are planning to improve categorization options so you can differentiate App vs OS patches.

Any other challenges people have experienced while using or starting to use Patch Policies?

1 Like

We have run into difficulties where it can be difficult or impossible to turn on Patch Policies without having a sane way of filtering out Updates for WIndows Applications (especially if they are stuck on legacy apps like Java or Firefox, it can be really annoying to manually select those out and if you miss one it can break company apps).

I think it could be nice to have Patch Policies fully automated too-- right now you have to refresh and re-activate, so still some hands-on, and so you have to use the REST API for full zero-touch.

1 Like