Certain Relevancies Not Working

My usual relevancy I use for client programs is below, and has worked very well for deployment Fixlets up until now. Recently, I started noticing clients missing browsers such as Google Chrome and Firefox, despite having a an existing Baseline up to deploy both. Below are my two relevancies:

windows of operating system

not exists keys whose (value “DisplayName” of it as string starts with “Google Chrome”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of (x32 registries; x64 registries)

Any ideas? Clients I know for sure don’t have Chrome installed are showing as not relevant, and the same issue is happening with Firefox.

On a computer with this issue, have you tried manually running the relevance in QNA or Fixlet Debugger?

That may help point you towards a client issue, server issue, content issue, etc.

If that’s a literal copy/paste of the relevance, I think there could be an issue where the.registry path lookup needs to be pluralized.

key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of (x32 registries; x64 registries)

Because this checks two registry paths , the x32 and the x64 registry, there are two Uninstall keys. We need to refer to that as a plural, i.e.

keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of (x32 registries; x64 registries)

That may not be the issue, or not the only one, but give that a try and see whether it helps

3 Likes

I have not, but I can give it a try and see what results it shows.

That seems to have done the trick! And yes, that was a literal copy/paste of the relevance that wasn’t working on the Chrome Fixlet I was looking at. Adjusting the second key to be plural seems to have resolved the issue as I can now see numerous clients reporting in that I know don’t have Chrome installed.

Thanks!