Centos7 Patch Failed

Hi guys, i have an issue when patching centos7 on my bigfix, i have an log error at EDR Deployment that the repository list on centos was empty and dependency repository failed, after talking with support the conclusion is that we need to add or subscribe the repository from the centos site. So how to add the centos repository on centos site?

Were you able to patch CentOS7 before?
I am asking because we faced an issue gathering content after the EOL date for the platform, we had to add the vault repos for centos 7 to make it work again.
We basically followed this documentation.

1 Like

Like @fermt CentOS 7 repos moved to vault report.
As a workaround , you can add the new vault with the documentation mentioned

There is also a article about it - Patching on CentOS 7 machines is failing - Customer Support

It looks like the BES Server\GatherDBData\gather\Patching Support\CurrentSiteData\DLCentOSRepoList.json file has been updated with the correct URLS - there is no mirror.centos.org only vault.centos.org

2 Likes

Orbiton is correct, mirror.centos.org was sunset on the 31st june, as such Patching Support was upgrade site version 1,135, now contains the correct DLCentOSRepoList.json file.

We (the users) would have really appreciated if HCL went ahead of the EOL date of CENTOS 7 and prepared the Patching Support content to support the vault repos so the change could have been transparent for us and avoid impact to our patching processes.

1 Like