CentOS 8 Patching

I was wondering when patching support and content would be released for CentOS 8? We are starting to see customers ask for the CentOS 8 operating system and we will need to be able to provide patching for it.

1 Like

Also wondering. We are developing a new application that will be running on CentOS 8 will be deployed by the end of the year.

Any update on this from HCL?

I am in the same boat looking for an update on this. From the lack of a response it doesn’t appear anytime soon.

We must first qualify/support the BigFix Agent on CentOS 8 (currently underway, and expected relatively shortly). Once this is available, Patch Support will follow. Stay tuned for more information, and feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions or concerns.

2 Likes

The official support documents are reporting that BigFix Agent 9.5.14 supports CentOS 8 the download site only mentions 6 and 7 as supported. Can we confirm that agent version 9.5.14 is supported?

Any update on when the content for patching for CentOS 8 will be available?

From HCL support -
At this time, neither of which are currently listed as they are not officially supported. Currently there is no ETA on when Patching for Cent OS 8 or Oracle Linux 8 will added.

Is there any update from HCL? It’s now the end of July, we need CentOS 8 patching support. There is still no Patches for CentOS 8 site.

We need this too. I created an enhancement request. Please vote
https://bigfix-ideas.hcltechsw.com/ideas/BFPTCH-I-96

3 Likes

I heard that CentOS 8 content was tentatively planned for end of August release so hopefully it is very close to being available :slight_smile:

Released, but doesn’t work for me (v9.5.7). No patch match any one of my CentOS 8. Anyone has the same problem?

The RHEL 8 systems will need to upgrade to client version 9.5.14 per https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/platform/Platform/Installation/c_spcr_platform.html

The 9.5.14 agent should be able.to communicate with your 9.5.7 servers and relays, but that is quite an old version and you should consider upgrading the whole deployment.

1 Like