Centos 8 besclient not shown in consol's computers

Hello,
although i’ve installed BESClient on centos machine and service is running on machine but not shown in computers tab in console.
could anyone help in this ?

Installing BESClient & a running service will not guarantee it will be showing in BigFix console.

You need to validate -
A. You are able to telnet to its parent relay over 52311 (or whatever custom port you have for BigFix infra).
B. 52311 TCP/UDP bi-directional & ICMP echo reply communication allowed in between your client machine & BigFix Relays.
C. BESClient log should be showing below two statements.
i. Relay Selected
ii. Report posted successfully

1 Like

As suggested above, I would recommend having a look at the Client log to get a better indication as to the potential issues (likely communication related).

GetURL failed - General transport failure. - BAD SERVERNAME
this is waht appears in bes client logs

yes, thats mean there is communication issue. please sync with your BigFix Admin who know infra better, he/she would be able to help you internally.

Likely a DNS issue (but could be something else). First try to resolve the relay server hostname (or whatever hostname is in the URL In your log) from one of the client machines. If that does not work it should be fixed.

1 Like

Thank you all for help it’s been resolved by adding bigfix server in hosts file and opened port 52311