Capture Image - Virtual Machine - Download Applicable Drivers and Apply

Hey, I’m attempting to capture an image from a Virtual Machine but during the Download Applicable Drivers and Apply phase it seems the VM reboots into a state where it doesn’t have an operating system or can not find it. From there I can’t reboot into the operating system and have to resort to reverting back to a snapshot in order to get back into the OS.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi. When the computer, that is in it OS, is restarted, it should boot in the WinPE deployment engine to start the capture process.
If your computer has UEFI Secure Boot enabled, could you please check that the “Disable Enhanced error detection” option has been selected while filling the Capture wizard?
This is because the switcher that runs the Enhanced error detection is not enabled to boot on UEFI computers with Secure Boot enabled.
Thanks.

Hey, Sergio thanks for responding, I disabled “secure boot” and checked that the "Disable Enhanced error detection” option has been selected. I just started the job again after making the changes so I’ll screenshot if there are any errors, but it seems the vm reboots and never starts in winpe.

Hi.
Disabling the error detection is needed when capturing an image if the secure boot is enabled, while you can keep it enabled if the secure boot is disabled.
Thanks.

Hey, I was able to successfully capture the image after disabling secure boot and enabling “disable enhanced error detection.”

Thank you!

1 Like

Glad I stumbled onto this article…have been fighting this issue for a while. Just had to check “Disable Enhanced error detection.” Thanks!

Hello. Yes, if the secure boot is enabled on the UEFI booted computer, to capture a Windows image you have to select the option to “Disable enhanced error detection”.