Can't get fixlet to run a shell script on Mac OS X

(imported topic written by ken@gracenote91)

Hi I am trying to install Mcafee Agent onto Macs.

According to Mcafee I need to issue the following commands:

sudo chmod +x install.sh

sudo ./install.sh -i

This works when I log in with my account (admin privs) and run it interactively.

I put together a fixlet usng the 8.2.1175 Wizard/Mac Os/ Mac Software Deployment Wizard.

That wizard does not prompt me for any command lines. So I edit the action script as follows:

download http://bigfix.gracenote.gracenote.com:52311/Uploads/0528a5de31836c272fbacb9bf443beff61e5068d/installsh.tmp

continue if {(size of it = 16562518 AND sha1 of it = “0528a5de31836c272fbacb9bf443beff61e5068d”) of file “installsh.tmp” of folder “__Download”}

extract installsh.tmp

if {not exists folder “/Applications”}

wait mkdir -p “/Applications”

endif

if {not active of action OR exists file whose (name of it ends with “.tmp”) of folder “__Download” of client folder of current site}

delete “{pathname of file whose (name of it ends with “.tmp”) of folder “__Download” of client folder of current site}”

wait /bin/sh -c “find {concatenation “\ " of substrings separated by " " of pathname of client folder of current site}/__Download/* -exec cp -Rfp {”%7b%7d”} {concatenation “\ " of substrings separated by " " of “/Applications”} ;”

endif

wait /bin/sh -c “chmod +x install.sh

wait /bin/sh -c “/Applications/install.sh -i”

It runs all the way through, deposits the install.sh file in the /Applications directory.

HOWEVER, the install.sh never runs. None of the files or folders get created as they would in a successful install, and the application does not appear.

Anyone with any ideas on what is wrong with my action script?

Thanks

KEn

(imported comment written by ken@gracenote91)

Think I figured it out.

Had to use the construction ( cd … && ,) instead of calling the commands with the full path.

download http://bigfix.gracenote.gracenote.com:52311/Uploads/0528a5de31836c272fbacb9bf443beff61e5068d/installsh.tmp

continue if {(size of it = 16562518 AND sha1 of it = “0528a5de31836c272fbacb9bf443beff61e5068d”) of file “installsh.tmp” of folder “__Download”}

extract installsh.tmp

if {not exists folder “/Applications”}

wait mkdir -p “/Applications”

endif

if {not active of action OR exists file whose (name of it ends with “.tmp”) of folder “__Download” of client folder of current site}

delete “{pathname of file whose (name of it ends with “.tmp”) of folder “__Download” of client folder of current site}”

wait /bin/sh -c “find {concatenation “\ " of substrings separated by " " of pathname of client folder of current site}/__Download/* -exec cp -Rfp {”%7b%7d”} {concatenation “\ " of substrings separated by " " of “/Applications”} ;”

endif

wait /bin/sh -c “(cd /Applications/ && chmod +x install.sh)”

wait /bin/sh -c “(cd /Applications/ && ./install.sh -i)”