Can't deploy captured Windows 1803 Pro image

Hi,
I am trying to deploy Windows 10 1803 Pro using WinPE but I can’t get it work.
I have created an MDT bundle (3.10.6) for the correct version of the os (1803 pro), and a profile from a .wim generated by a captured image of Windows 10 1803 Pro. The process fails as soon as it reaches the “Install operating system” phase, with the error shown in the attached image. I couldn’t find any solutions. The same process based on a Windows 10 enterprise .wim works correctly. Can anyone provide support? Thanks

Hi Marco,
I would invite you to open a case, attaching the deployment logs. They are available on the Bare Metal server machine at C:\TPMfOS Files\global\host activities\taskxxxxxxxxx. (this is default installation path).
Logs would include automatically the task sequences log (bdd.log and other files).
What I can notice from your screenshot (please attach it too), is that task sequence is expecting wim in D: drive. Is it something you defined?
Moreover, you wrote that this is the deploy of a captured image. I’m expecting that you will have only a flavour in the install.wim (so INDEX should be 1), while screenshot reports that index is set to 2. Where did you set this index?

Regards

Michele

1 Like

Hi michele, thanks for your answer. Actually I solved the problem by importing the wim from a Windows 10 ISO. I’ll use that for the deployment.