Cannot connect client deploy tool

Hi All, We are trying to deploy agents remotely Both for joined and unjoined domain workstations. We can ping its IPs but unable to connect the client deploy tool. Another Issue that we are encountering is the “relevant fixes”. relevant fixes are recommending “not relevant” once. For example for win2016 its recommending fixes for win 10. Please advise if there are parameters we have to check to resolve this. Appreciate your support.

Hi, we have used the Client Deploy Tool to deploy to our clients, without any problems. All the issues we had was with firewalls not being open. Are you sure, that all the prerequisites described below is met ?

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSQL82_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.doc/Platform/Installation/c_cdt_prereqs.html

Hi Jayce,

Not going to bother with the client deploy tool as Spirillen already gave a good starting place :slight_smile:

For the patch relevance, can you list a couple of the patches that are showing that are unexpected? One thing you can do with this is to use the Fixlet Debugger tool on one of the systems in question and take the relevance from the patch and test it out. Depending on the patch, it can be time consuming to work this out.

I have checked on my 2016 servers and there are a couple patches that are applicable for Windows 10 reporting on Win 2016, but these are pretty generic ones like .NET updates that cover Win7, Win8, Win10, 2008, 2012 and 2016.

As a future note, I would look at creating different posts for different questions. Makes everyone’s life easier.

@Spirillen Yes all prerequisites are done even all the necessary ports required are open.

@TheTick Is it also possible that it is recommending not relevant patches because those patches are already installed on the endpoints?