Can not retrieve remote client version after installing BigFix client using Standalone CDT

After successful installation of clients using standalone Client Deployment Tool (version 9.5.9.62), the ClientDeployTool log file contains errors saying “Can not retrieve remote client version” and the process doesn’t proceed further where we can click on Finish to complete the installation.

Can anyone help me where should I start looking and what am I missing?

Thanks

@vtripodi, @JasonWalker… have you ever came across the above issue?

Can you provide more details? The installation of the clients completed successfully but you have an error in the CDT log file and you couldn’t finish the CDT wizard? Or something got wrong with some of your clients?

@vtripodi, The installation of the clients completed successfully but there’s an error in the CDT log file and couldn’t finish the CDT wizard. (Screenshot attached)

CDTError

The message “can not retrieve remote client version” could be logged when the Client Deployment Tool starts the installation of a client. If CDT does not find a client in the remote system then it proceeds with the installation, but in this case I would expect a message not an error…
The other option is that you are trying to install a client whose associated version 9.5.9.x is not the one selected in the wizard 9.5.9.y. In this case, the client successfull installation, that you reported, is related to other targets. Could you provide more details about the client platform that you are trying to install and the exact client version selected in the wizard?

Hi @vtripodi, we are installing BigFix agent version 9.5.9.62 on Windows desktops. And yeah, I guess its not an error, moreover a warning but can’t understand what keeps the installation in progress even though agent installations are succeeded.

The described behavior seems very odd. I expect installation does not proceed until you finish the wizard journey.
I would try using latest CDT version (9.5.11) or open a case to support if you want to deepen the problem.