Can I Push the client out from the Console?

Hi,

I’m brand new to BF and don’t know much about it. I was thrown in to do a PoC with no training at all so I’m trying to make this up as I go. The only documentation I found while searching was to manually install the client. I was able to manually install it on a couple machines, but I need to know if I can do that from within the Console.

I’m hoping there’s a way to simply enter a servername somewhere and have it remotely install the client (specifically for Linux). Can anyone let me know if that can be done and where in the Console I would go to do that?

Thanks!

Look for “Install Bigfix Clients with Client Deploy Tool”

I remember doing the POC in 2019. We went to production in ~2020. If you move forward, I suggest creating a master, going through settings, and really dig in to learn the platfrom. It’s overwhelming at first, but you look back and say it’s not all that bad… but there are a lot of nuances to understand about how BigFix works best :wink:

Also run your master server on Windows + MS SQL, even if you manage all Nix servers.

Client Deploy tool does use standard OS management ports to remotely connect to the OS and perform the install, so depending of firewalls you may have some obstacles to solve. The tool will naturally ask you for admin level credentials too to the remote machine.

If you have your infrastructure running on cloud (AWS and Azure) and you are using cloud plugin, then you can take advantage of “BigFix Agent installation on cloud resources”: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/11.0/platform/Platform/Config/c_install_oncloud.html

Also, if your endpoints are bind to a windows domain, you can distribute the client via policy.

On linux, the Client Deploy Tool (CDT) will use SSH.

Regards.