Can BigFix be used to automate Db2 fix pack/upgrades

I am new to the BigFix forum.

I want to see if BigFix can be used to automate our Db2 fix pack installations and upgrades. Could someone point me in the right direction? Apologies if this question has been already asked. I could not find answers via the search.

@hmartin welcome to the BigFix community. Short answer is yes you can absolutely leverage BigFix to disseminate and install DB2 fix-packs to your managed endpoints. The longer answer is that you’ll have to develop the necessary fixlets to complete the desired DB2 fix-pack upgrade. Couple questions for you to start:

1. Have you developed any fixlets within BigFix yet?
  2. Are you aware of the available BigFix resources?

Thanks for responding @cmcannady. We have BigFix in-house but I have not used it myself. I will be tapping some of our admins for assistance but wanted to get get a better understanding of how it can work first. So:

1. No
  2. No

Here’s some helpful links for getting started with BigFix.

If you have a DBA team that can provide a Bash or PowerShell script for executing the DB2 fix-pack upgrade commands, then you can leverage BigFix to deliver the payload (i.e. scripts and fix-pack binary) and execute accordingly. Alternatively, if they have a script for manual efforts, you can implement the associated steps in ActionScript and Relevance to create a custom fixlet.

I hope the above helps!

Yes indeed. I think this should help get me going. I’ll check these out.

Thank you!