Can Archive Now (Archive Manager) feature prompt where to save the file?

As a BigFix Console operator, sometimes I am restricted from accessing the BigFix server directory. When troubleshooting issues related to Besclient, log files are collected using archive now command which stores it on the BigFix server under Uploadmanager sha1 directory. If I can’t access to that sha1 folder, what is the use. Is there another feature which will prompt me where to save the collected log file instead of putting into the sha1 directory This would be very useful feature to have. Similar to when downloading file from the internet, it will prompt you where to save this file. Same concept.

Thanks.

As far as I remember, “archive now” can’t change the target directory for uploaded files:

I also find the archive manager a bit difficult to use, from an end-user perspective.

I think the target audience for this feature is not so much the end-user operator, but rather for larger product integrations. For instance Bigfix Inventory makes heavy use of the archive manager to upload software scan results from the clients, but the BFI application retrieves these files by querying the Bigfix SQL database directly rather than by browsing the server’s filesystem.

Archives are uploaded into an expanded section on the root server that is based off the computer ID. It is possible for something else running on the server to work on files that are uploaded but it can be tricky as you only want to take the things that you specifically need.