Calculating Prefetch Times

I’m looking to calculate the time it takes a relay to prefetch files from the point an action containing a prefetch is started/taken to the time the last file to be prefetched is on the relay. I created an analysis to query the file names and file modification times of the files in …\BES Relay\wwwrootbes\bfmirror\downloads\sha1 and can do some analysis in Excel, but wondered if there is an easier/quicker way to gather that information. Thank you!

An analysis would be the best way to do this. I would be interested in seeing the analysis, have you posted it to the BigFix.me community? Do you have a link to it? There is no analysis or dashboard currently created in the standard BigFix offering that would track this information.

Here’s the relevance for the analysis I used to gather the file information:

(name of it, modification time of it, creation time of it) of files of folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Relay\wwwrootbes\bfmirror\downloads\sha1"

The rest of the “analysis” I did was splitting up data and reviewing values in Excel, which was very manual.

Can you walk us through how you are doing the work in Excel.

There might be an easier way, but without knowing the steps you are doing manually, I’m not sure how to do them automatically.