Busy - retry in an hour msg

Hi All,

We are seeing the message “Busy - retry in an hour” in a local BES log when an (desktop) endpoint attempts to prefetch a file. (Running BES Client 9.5.10)

I’m not finding anything on the portal here or a search of the interwebs.

Is this the RELAY saying it is busy and telling the endpoint try again or the endpoint saying it is busy and will try again?

Thanks.

Jim Donlin

I have seen the same message.
My investigation has not been at all thorough, but I have seen one client with the message and another client, running the same fixlet (and download) through the same relay run though without the delay, so I think it is the client that is choosing to back off rather than the relay instructing it to do so.
It is possible, of course, that the relay is just passing said instruction to the ‘excess’ clients though.

Hopefully, someone who knows the answer will wander on by…

That’s a message from the Relay that it is too busy to handle the client request (usually a report posting, but I suppose it could happen for a download too?)

The Relay may be getting the same message from its own parent, all the way to the root server in some cases, so check the connectivity and performance all the way up the Relay chain.

Often you might find one that is stuck with reports in it’s FillDBData\BufferDir directory. You would normally see files created here, then almost immediately removed as they are sent up the next level in the Relay chain.

1 Like

Thank you Jason!

Jim

Did you find a problem relay? If so how did you resolve it?

I’m a ConsoleOperator+, not an engineer. I’m gathering data for the action and will be reporting up the engineering foodchain.

Reviewing the relays for the devices that had Download Failed, there was a standard mix of devices across relays. There was not just one relay.

When I hear, I will post what I can.

Jim