On Dec 20th Microsoft released a new MDT version 8450 and at the same time removed the availability of version. 8443, which is required by BigFix OSD to deploy Windows 10 and Windows Server/2016.
As a result, the following product features do not currently work in the OS Deployment and Bare Metal Imaging site:
- Analysis 136: Bundle Creator Machine Information, if MDT version 8450 is installed
- Fixlet 137: Deploy MDT Build 8443
- “Install MDT Bundle creator” and “Create MDT Bundle and OS Resources” actions in the “Bundle and Media Manager” dashboard, if you target a computer with no MDT installed or with MDT version 8450 installed.
The most relevant effect is that it is currently not possible to create an MDT Bundle with MDT 8443 to deploy Windows 10 and Windows Server/2016, unless you have MDT ver. 8443 already installed, or MDT version 8443 binaries are available in your environment,
All pre-existing MDT Bundles with MDT 8443 present in your environment continue to be fully operational.
The BigFix team is working to address this situation, by providing full support for the new MDT version 8450.
At the present time, If you need to create a new MDT Bundle to deploy Windows 10 and Windows Server/2016, take the following actions, depending on your specific situation:
If you have MDT version 8443 binaries available in your environment, install MDT version 8443 manually on the designated Bundle Creator Machine, then create the MDT Bundle.
Alternatively, a partially tested MDTBundleCreator version 3.10.5, that includes support for new MDT version. 8450. is available for your testing. You are welcome to download it and use it keeping in mind that it is provided “as is” and it has not passed the complete verification cycle. If you find any issues, please report them to us immediately.
To try MDTBundleCreator 3.10.5 test version:
- On the computer designated to be the MDT Bundle creator, install MDT 8450 manually and WADK 10 1709
- On the same computer, download the MDTBundleCreator version 3.10.5 from http://software.bigfix.com/download/osd/MDTBundleCreator-3.10.5.zip
- Proceed to manual MDT Bundle creation as described in
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS63NW_9.2.0/com.ibm.tem.life.doc_9.2/Lifecycle_Man/OSD_Users_Guide/MDTBundleCreator_manual.html4. Import the MDT Bundle generated (default destination folder is C:\BigFixOSD) through the Upload MDT Bundle dashboard as usual
After importing the bundle, you will receive a warning indicating that the product is unable to identify the MDT version. This warning is to be expected, and can be ignored.