Bug in console in W7

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

When running the console on a Windows 7 machine I am not able to select multiple groups as a target for an action. Clicking and holding CTRL does not select multiple groups and holding. Holding shift and dragging does work, but if I hit CTRL to unselect any of the items, the behavior is erratic. I have seen the same behavior on at least one other Windows 7 box. They are both running the x64 version, but since the console is a x86 application, I don’t think that matters, but I thought I would throw it out there. When I want to select multiple target groups, I am having to go back to a Windows XP machine to do it. Any ideas? Thanks.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

See here:

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=3994

What version of the console are you using?

Ben

(imported comment written by SY57_Jim_Montgomery)

Oh Snap. I think this is the answer to the ticket I opened 3 weeks ago. We had this issue in the console. We run our console off a Windows 2008 Terminal Server, and host it as a Remote App. One admin noticed this and we’ve been trying to find a reason. Great guys, I’ll let the tech know!

Sounds like this will be fixed in BigFix 8.

–Jim

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Using the 7.2.5.22 console. That looks like the same issue just in Windows 7 instead of Vista. Makes sense that it would carry over. Tried looking for something about it on the forum, but I must have been using the wrong search terms. Thanks for verifying this is a known issue and I look forward to the fix.