Browser Proxy setup

Hi,

I want to setup the browser proxy setting in all IBM Endpoint Manager users, mean while if take one machine all the user can not change proxy setting by them self, so how can I enable this setting using IEM server customized fixlets.

Please Help us ASAP.

Thanks,

This is probably best done through Local GPO.

Here is an example that uses Local GPO: http://bigfix.me/fixlet/details/3747

GPO if this is a domain attached computer. If, by chance, this is a workgroup system that is not domain attached you can use the registry to set the proxy in script and have an open policy keeping it in check. I currently have to do something similar for keeping our trusted sites and tabbed browser settings in line since we have a portal designed for Netscape Navigator. :confused:

Local GPO works regardless of the computer being on a domain or not and is what I would recommend.

See here: http://bigfix.me/fixlet/details/3747

1 Like

Ah, right on, always forget about that tool - guess I should have clicked the link :wink: We have been able to keep them locked down as I mentioned above, but definitely plan on revisiting that for another project we have going on. Thanks for sharing that jstew!

1 Like

The following script is used to disable the proxy sttings in IE & Chrome:

and it worked fine sir , Thanks for your guidence to make this well .

Relevance
((name of it = “Win2008” or (name of it = “WinVista” and product type of it != nt workstation product type)) of operating system OR name of operating system = “Win2008R2” OR name of operating system = “Win7”) AND (NOT exists value “Proxy” of keys “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel” of registry)

Action Script:
action uses wow64 redirection true

delete __createfile
delete wizardedit.reg

createfile until @end_create_reg_file
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel]
“Proxy”=dword:00000001
@end_create_reg_file

move __createfile wizardedit.reg
waithidden regedit /s “wizardedit.reg”

Thanks & Regards
Vicky

That script should not work when deployed through BigFix/IEM, as it should only affect the System user, unless it is deployed as the current user.

If you have tested that on a machine, make sure it actually does what you think it does, because I don’t think it actually works.

Its apply to local machine and through registry wizard too done the same thing sir … Its working fine and then disable proxy settings in IE & Chrome for all users

Hi Ma’am/Sirs,

Is there a procedure on how to remove the Proxy that I set on Bigfix? I just want to troubleshoot the connection, because my deployments are still in Pending Downloads since yesterday or Is there any way on how to troubleshoot the connection of Server to Bigfix Content Delivery?

Thank you.

Regards,
Pogi

Run BESAdmin tool and remove your existing proxy settings.

Regards
Vicky R

Open RUN -> BESAdmin.exe /setproxy

Hi Vikki,

Thank you for the reply, I tried the process and this is the outcome.
Do i need to put some name or address in the field?

Thank you so much.

use BESAdmin.exe /setproxy /delete for removal

1 Like

Examples:

%PROGRAM FILES%\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESAdmin.exe /setproxy
[/proxy:<proxy_host>[:<proxy_port>] [/user:<proxy_username> /pass:<proxy_password>]
[/delete]
[/exceptionlist:<proxy_exceptionlist>]
[/proxysecuretunnel:{false|true}]
[/proxyauthmethods:{basic|digest|negotiate|ntlm}]
[/proxydownstream:{false|true}]] |
[/delete]

1 Like

Through Registry also you can remove proxy settings

1 Like

Wow. Thank you so much Vikki. Such a Big help.

Already removed the proxy. :slight_smile:

Thanks Bigfix Community