Bigfox Inventory and ILMT on same domain

Due to reasons, I need to stand up an instance of ILMT in a domain that is managed by Bigfix/BFI currently.

Can I remove the client from that one server, install ILMT/Local Bigfix, and just use it for Iseries disconnected scans only?

This instance will not support any clients other than the server its hosted on, and the existing Bigfix infrastructure will not support the ILMT server.

Thanks

Edit - LOL Bigfox

Meydey,
Yes, you can do that. You can even have the client reporting to current BigFix and subscribe that one agent to ILMT site and manage it. You will get a warning about client subscribed to both ILMT and BFI servers but it will not prevent the ILMT server or the client to function

Thank you. That makes this little exercise a bit easier.

Question: if ILMT will only be used for Iseries disconnected scan collection, is a “Lite” install acceptable or would a full Bigfix/ILMT instance be required?
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/license-metric-tool?topic=installing-infrastructure-overview

@Meydey - as @ssakunala mentioned, you can run both the BFI and LMT servers in the same BigFix environment.

After enabling the LMT site, subscribe the target LMT server host to that site. Then install and configure LMT using the Fixlets in the LMT site. Finally, follow the instructions to configure a disconnected type data source.

You can use the iSeries built-in task scheduling facility to run the disconnected scanner on a regular basis, and an NFS mount pointed at the directory defined previously for the disconnected data source as the output for the scan package.

There is no need to setup a second BigFix environment just for LMT.

If, down the road, the core Bigfix goes away, but ILMT stays, will the lite version be able to process the disconnected scans without a Bigfix backend? Or would I then need to stand up an instance just to support ILMT solo?

Edit: Sorry if I am being vague, but there is a good chance that we will move away from the Bigfix platform in the next year, Not my choice obviously, but it is what it is.

ILMT can continue operate in a disconnected mode, without BigFix, since it is an analytics server. IBM supports LMT where Ansible provides for the orchestration of scan data, for instance. As long as you can get the disconnected scans to the LMT server to be consumed by the import process, you’ll be fine.