Bigfix Wishlist, organization, function

Hello,

I find that I want to see some organization capabilities in Bigfix. When I am viewing my action window, I want to click and drag the Baseline Policies to one area. I want to see my Ad HOC actions in another area separate. I want to view the data in different ways based on when it was done, whether or not it is still open, etc. To some degree we can already do this. But I find my action queue is cluttered and I have to find all of my policies that were done at different times.

I want to see all of my options in every window. For example, when creating a fixlet, I have the options to set up a Description/ Actions/ Relevance/ Properties.

Actions allow me to use BF Action Script, AppleScript, SH and URL.
Relevance Allows me to use Drop Down boxes
Properties Allows some basic information for the Fixlet itself.

Once I create the fixlet. I can deploy it to find a whole new list of items. I can now view the relevance in BF Actionscript in the summary, I can now copy the fixlet to see BF ActionScript applicability window and the Success Criteria window and the ability to change the preset to Policy.

Essentially, I believe that having all of these windows and options when initially creating a fixlet/ baseline would stop the back and forth that it takes to create a functional action item.

I didn’t do the research to see if anyone else had suggested this. But I am expressing my ideas based on my own experience. Mind you I am on version 9.5.13. There may be some changes for the better beyond this.

TLDR:

1. I want to customize how I view the console data via click and drag preferably
  2. I want to have all the customizations in the initial creation window for fixlets and baselines
1 Like

Consider adding your suggestions in the HCL BigFix Product Ideas Portal:

https://bigfix-ideas.hcltechsw.com/ideas

This is the official location for tracking requests for enhancements (in the IBM parlance).