Bigfix Web Reports - Reset First Login

Hi,

does anyone know how to reset the first time user login for web reports?

Thanks,
Simon.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Password%20Recovery/version/46f6b960-17f1-49ae-8a4d-5aef7eb4be46

This should help :smiley:

Awesome thanks big guy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can someone update this for HCL support?

1 Like

Hello
I need this but I can’t find him in HCL documentation. Anyone that can help please?

You should probably open a support incident. They will walk you through changing the database password to a known hash value that you can then use to log on.

2 Likes

Here are the instructions since the link it broken to the wiki

Local Web Reports Admin: If access to Web Reports as a local admin user has been lost somehow:

1. Login to the BESReporting database in SQL
  2. Determine if the username for the user you would like to create is already taken (for example: bigfix)
    o select UserID from USER_NAMES where LoginName = 'bigfix’
    o select UserID from USERS where LoginName = ‘bigfix’
  3. If you want to delete this user ahead of recreating it, run the following delete queries:
    o delete from USERS where UserID =
    o delete from USER_NAMES where UserID =
    o delete from ROLE_USER_ASSIGNMENTS where UserID =
  4. Run the following query statement block to create the user (i.e. one named bigfix):
    begin
    declare @id int
    insert into USER_NAMES ( LoginName, DisplayName, IsADUser ) values ( ‘bigfix’, ‘bigfix’, 0 )
    set @id = (select UserID from user_names where LoginName = ‘bigfix’)
    insert into USERS ( UserID, LoginName, PasswordHash, PasswordSalt ) values ( @id, ‘bigfix’, ‘gwCOEwCUD1ntCnCBwRDV+VzdvvM’, ‘1’ )
    insert into ROLE_USER_ASSIGNMENTS ( UserID, RoleID ) values ( @id, 1 )
    end
    go
  5. You should now be able to login to Web Reports using:
    Username: bigfix
    Password: bigfix
4 Likes